Group,
Please allow me to ask these questions, forgive me in advance if this has been discussed or off base.
Why not have a open 20 class and stock or modified stock class, or whatever you choose to call it?
open would be the carbon and 10'
beam boats or M20s
modified 20's would be a stock boat with limited modifications made and allowed only every 3-5 years

This is my question, if a modification is evident in and for a stock 20, only allow it every 3-5 years depending on what the class decides. Allow the members of the class decide what modifications would be allowed in the class by vote. They would control what would be acceptable, and what wouldn't. You could have either one major change and or two minor changes.
This is my thought...some of us 20 owners can't afford to buy new boats to keep up with changes as in the F18 class. Clearly they are making jumps leaps and bounds. Why not limit the changes into major changes, and minor changes. A major change would be sail and or mast change, A minor change would be changes of blocks, or sheets, castings. By keeping the amount and expense down, it allows slow and gradual changes within the fleet, without folks waking up and being suddenly outdated.
I concur and agree with Tad, but also believe that we need to change but in a majority mutually agreed upon direction.
Clearly manufactures aren't concerned about the fleet, as new 20' class boats are being produced. The class needs to dictate the rules and not the other way around.
Thanks for the time to inquire.
Forrest N20

Forrest
I-20
USA 645

" There ain't enough rum in the drum!"