Originally Posted by MN3
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Didn't we sail Macho this year? Or was that the "unofficial" macho?

It's been running for years, as has the Hangover in Tampa Bay. If people are complaining there's not enough distance races, how come attendance has been down at most of the distance events?

My bad.. it was this spring.. seemed longer ago.

This event did not have any NOR or race committee.

This years hangover did not happen. There was a lack of interest and support and the fleet basically couldn't cover it's own insurance costs. Bob Barton pulled all the fleet together for beer and burgers at his pool and they resurrected the fleet and have had some races.

Next Sunday is the Barton Sail for Cancer and will probably be a 25 mile distance race for the big boats (causeway around anclote) if it's like his past races.

Actually, there was no Hangover because the TBCS didn't purchase insurance. Therefore no promotion, no race. The fleet has plenty of money, in fact it could buy insurance for the next ten years without taking in a dime and still have money, it just needs what any club needs, the people that are willing to spend their time to help.

The Macho Man is a run what you brung race. It is a TBCS event. The race has gone since the early 90's as I recall. Basically no rules. First boat back wins period. You can hang as much sail as you want etc. The only rules are the boat must have at least two people and you need to stay out of the Macdill AFB exclusion zone. (I have photographic evidence of all you violators from last year). Oh yea, no entry fee.

Have Fun