Charlie,

I appreciate what you're trying to do - but the fact of the matter is that you're trying to change the rules that we all originally signed up for when we bought the boats.

Do I like the fact that Nacra won't support the class? No. Do I think that what you're doing is going to fix that? Not at all.

The fact of the matter is that I could go out and buy new aftermarket sails - sure. I could spend $1000 on a new main, new spin or whatever.

Then Captain Moneybags could go out and buy a new set of custom made 3DI sails (or whatever the latest wizzbang material is these days). At least the F18 class has reasonable restrictions on them.

I mean with these rules, you can build a wing and put it on the boat and be perfectly legal to race. How is that going to help the N20 persevere?

I think that there's not much you can do. The Tybee 500's F18 results domination signaled the death knell of the class - and its just going to keep declining. Open sails aren't going to make people buy the boat more than they are now.

BTW, if I wanted to "compete" in the O20, the first thing I would do is pop my deck lids off, and grind out as much material on the inside of the hull as I could to get closer to the 350lbs limit. That would therefore negate my participation in any further OD N20 events.

I don't have so much of a problem with you guys up in Pcola making your own rules to race under. Whatever makes you happy. What I'm more upset at is that this will now apparently split the 20 fleet racing down at Tradewinds, and I can imagine other popular regional events.

But I should probably keep my mouth shut anyways since I've got between little and no motivation to go sailing right now anyways.

Why am I even here?