Hello everyone,

This is my first post, and I hope it's in the right place. We've discovered this forum just a few weeks ago, and maybe this is the best way to find answers to our questions. We sail quit a lot in the evening, and barely meet other sailors on our beach in Holland. (and if we do, not all of them are that experienced, and only sail with the sun hihg in the sky) Also please forgive me my English, I'm not too familliar yet with all the terms.

We've started a few years back with an old Nacra 5.0, and after some larger damage traded it in, against our current boat; a Nacra Inter 18 from '97. After getting used to all "new stuff" like dagger boards, mast rotating system and so on, we sail rather nice now, up to a wind of around 12-14 kn. Our challenge start when the wind is a little stronger and we're both out in the trapeze. (we're a team of only 150 kg, so we're rather soon in this position) We do not know for sure how we should handle a tack and/or jibe in the right order. We're sailing normally with the joystick in the hand of the helmsmen, and the main sheet in the hand of the mate.

For example when we're approaching a jibe we've tried to sail into the turn with full power, and wait untill the power is out of the sail before coming in, and we've tried giving the mainsheet some slack, come in a little earlier, but this seems a little risky with the harder windforce. In between seems not possible due to the high outward force while turning? Could anybody please tell us (just short) the right order for jibing as well as tacking, or tell me where we can read about this topic?