damnit, I wasn't going to jump in this again but look....

It was Hobie's / Hobie Class association ball game. They did something with their operation that they thought was worth while. You may not like the reasons, may not have thought it would be successful, and may not think it was for the better of our sport as a whole. I wasn't a fan of it and was pretty public about it, I also didn't think it worked out for them that well. However, whatever you think, it was what it was and they had the right to do it with their organization. If someone wants to step up and help Charlotte Harbor run their regatta and wants to push to open up new fleets to promote their brand, fine.

I do hope, for the sake of the sport as a whole, that they would realize that they probably open up their market a little by being more inclusive and welcoming to all cat sailors - but if they're putting up the effort, it's their game, so be it. More than likely, you, me, we, can offer the same services to the club/regatta and get our way too.

As far as Charlotte Harbor goes, there CAN be too many boats at a regatta. If that's the genuine case, then kudos to them for keeping things manageable and not impacting the event by trying to make it so big that it affects everyone's experience negatively.

Jake Kohl