Simple contraction. Not every area survived the decline of interest in "sailing"... this was not a Hobie-only event as you recall

As much as I hate keeping this going, I have to point out that the open letter to HCA (Division 6, I believe) stated that since attendance was on the RISE, they wanted to continue with "business as usual" and keep allowing the "other" brands of cats join the events. I still don't think the taste of sour grapes would have lasted as long as it did if it weren't for some of the hard core H16 racers being as "prejudice" (for lack of a better term) towards the other brands. Just my 2 cents. I, however, am looking forward to the Nationals event that will be in Galveston next October and have volunteered my services and chase boat(s). In the end, boats on the beach is never a bad thing....even if it's only one brand.
Back to the original point; There was no decline in this area. TCDYC has been promoting a "First Saturday of the Month" in the sailing season here and there have been no less that 20 boats showing up each time. I don't think HCA would have had the rise in attendance like this in this area....maybe that's why they quietly organized the event in October.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.