Play fair you don't gain anything for Blades by sledging other classes, we were all out there, Emile out sailed us by a long way. The biggest problem facing F16's in Aus is the handicap, if you want to win on handicap you would not buy an F16, Emile would have had to trim his time from 60mins to 40mins to win that race which is impossible and I haven't seen him take a big race podium finish on handicap
Here's the link to the reaching thread where I posted my video of myself with my 17yr old daughter of the same race, the date stamp is wrong as I can't turn it off
http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=259551&page=2

here's a shot of 3rd,4th and 5th boats Paul Short on A Class, Jeff & Maeve Southall and the Vaughan Brothers on Nacra 5.8's. There were about 30 cats out there only 4 retired, that wasn't an extreme day by Victor Harbour standards. I've sailed there when you can just see top of masts and we've come over a swell to find a rescue boat parked that we didn't know was there and pitchpoled avoiding it.

Attached Files
s.jpg (239 downloads)
Last edited by JeffS; 05/16/13 05:47 PM.

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576