Originally Posted by samc99us
Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Funny how times change... The F18 class now publishes a scoresheet that lists the boat builder..... What fun is that.... the guessing game of what each team was sailing was so entertaining.

Go Team USA!

Mark you're sooo hung up on this and the whole one-design thing it really isn't funny. All 5 of the major manufacturers are in the top 10. This is really great for the class. I don't see any downsides. Pick the boat that you like best for whatever reason and get on the water.

Us, we've come about face on the Infusion, simply because it is fast and easy to drive. Will be talking to the other guys at North Americans and hopefully getting some on the water time on the C2 and Falcon down there with a 2nd boat to spar against. Frankly it'll be tough to get off the Infusion train for another year or 2 (need a real tow vehicle), but also because we'll have hull covers, beam covers, and mast covers sized to fit the platform. Traveling internationally gets expensive if you care about your boat.

In Mark's defense (did I just say that?) he's referring to the time when the F18 class vehemently refused, and prohibited, listing of boat manufacturer or any other specific information about the sailor's platform in any official F18 results. I guess they softened on that based on how the A-cats handle that same information. Back in the day, I agreed with not listing the boat stuff as I would have thought it would be a negative thing taking away from the sailors - but it's really not. I do suppose that when there were significant differences between boats, it probably made sense to keep that information out of the results to provide a little protection to other manufacturers to keep their market a little more lively and sustainable.

Jake Kohl