Minimally it would be 2 weeks on each end but I could easily see it Week to two for freight, roughly a week for clearing customs. We should probably give it 3 weeks on the lead end. That means we would miss three regattas including Hyannis. Yes Annapolis sucks but that is a month to a month and a half during our 5 month sailing season. And June and July are some of our prime sailing. I know by June I'm itching to do some warm sailing since May can be hit or miss.
Plus loading and unloading a container is at least one day off work each time, quite a bit of physical work, and a pain in the butt.
Rough guess is a container would be 6-9K each way? (f we get 5 teams that's still $2,400 a team right? Unless my guessing is totally off. I don't know if anyone has priced it out latley but last September to ship a container from CA to FL was around 8K but that was via truck which is quite a bit more expensive than sea freight.
I think what I'm getting at is I'd much rather charter but of course they have to be available!