Originally Posted by samc99us
PM sent Reiss.

Jeff, I understand the excuse but it's a poor one. The real question is when do the boats get back from Ireland? If they return mid-August that works fine for me. July and August are notoriously hot, humid and lacking breeze in Annapolis. Ireland sounds much more pleasant.

We have good sailing April through early June and then September-November. So we would loose a month of training on the F18, which sucks but most everyone else is in that same situation. The question for us is do we do Catacup again if we're invited back or do we go to Ireland? First world problems...

I guess a lot depends where you are in the country. Assuming three weeks on either side of the event, that is most of June, all of July, and maybe part of August. That is the primary season for New England.

Now I am not completely opposed to the idea, especially after the amount of time I put in trying to find a charter for Italy. I certainly consider myself in the interested category, but to lose so much sailing the price needs to be right.

USF18 Eastern Area Rep
Nacra Infusion USA 753