Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by samc99us
Originally Posted by Dazz
Apparently nacra have issues on deciding which way is up... reports of multiple masts being shipped in this configuration.

well done nacra cry

[Linked Image]

This is what I've come to expect out of Nacra quality control; to be fair they do appear to making an honest effort to fix it, but won't be doing so on my dime.

Jake,

This isn't the time or the place to burst your bubble. Suffice to say the only real in-house design work 2013/14 Nacra does is on the sails and rig, and even that isn't really Nacra, rather it's Performance Sails.

Again, none of it matters, it's the boat that the teams are stuck with for the next 7 years. I just hope the QC issues get sorted and teams don't have problems with their equipment that prevent them from training.

"bust my bubble"? WTF? All we're talking about is if the infusion is a stiffer platform than the I20 and it is hands down. To quote my southern kin folk "You guys are eat up wit it".

Sam,
After what Jake had to do to fix the "quality control issues" on his Infusion, I seriously doubt you're bursting any bubbles about his view of it. The infusion process alone should make the 18 stiffer than the vinylester hand layup of the I/N-20.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White