Originally Posted by samc99us
Originally Posted by Jake
[quote=waterbug_wpb]

With regards to reefing, they're not going to understand our boats in this regard but it's not THAT hard to comply. A couple of extra grommets in the sail to be able to tie the foot and a couple of ring-cable-shackle halyard extensions and you're set. There might actually be a day where you are happy to be able to reduce sail a little.

Jake, this isn't the place for this reply, but warranted a little caution. A guy like you with a good amount of experience, plus capable of fixing things, can certainly jury rig something up. My jury rig did not go so well, and ended with a mildly torn sail that could have turned out a lot worse had I not sought outside for a sail repair kit. Loads on our sails are high and reefing requires proper reinforcement patches. Please discuss with a local sail maker prior to attempting this modification on your boat smile

Or just join Craigs race and avoid the mess smile

rest assured...It's not rocket surgery and it's all well under control. I mean, seriously...if Playstation managed to get a couple of reef points in...

Jake Kohl