Thanks Matthew, Yes, thats the situation.

Although we are in the unfortunate position of requiring above average rainfalls for our lake to be topped up every couple of years at least and this hasn't happened since 2010. We have enough water at the present time, but another hot summer and we may struggle, so we are hoping for a bit more rain by the end of spring. That being said, we have a couple of alternatives should it become necessary.

We are currently the strongest (in numbers) cat club in the region with as I've said 5-6 Mosquitos and 3 Taipans, for the size of our lake this is a great sight to see.

The active Mosquitos are of around the 1100 sail numbers with one in the 1600's and the one I've recently picked is one of probably 3 or 4 others around the town that are mid to late seventies build. So all would be in +65 category.

So, in this tiny little rural town I would guess and I'm sure there are some I haven't discovered there would have to 8-10 Mosquitos, as they were the weapon of choice in the Western District in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited by Got Wood; 07/29/14 05:12 AM.

Taipan AUS329 'Got Wood'
Mosquito 752 'Sticky Finger'
HARDWOOD RACING TEAM