Originally Posted by thricebitten
..... Plenty of space for PM's now.....

PM sent wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Greg/Debra
Bite the bullet man, it's only $25!

Do you think any of those other Western District Mossie sailors would come to the State Titles if there was a Division for old boats?

I'll put out a challenge to you Western Victorians... I will come to next year's Vic States if you come too. It's a lot further for me (Grafton NSW) than you.

Yeah yeah yeah..... I'm getting onto it ..... (still flat-out building Rome wink )

I went to the state's but sadly only as a spectator although I did at the time have every intention of sailing.
I hope to get around to a lot more events during the coming season so the states are on the list to do only as a COMPETITOR (probably not much of one but I don't quit that easily)
grin

As for the classic's class, I think there's a possibility we could attract older boats to the tittles with the right combination of incentives and "fair sailing" when it comes to the actual racing..... I've touched on that before where the older girls need a 'head-start' and the skinny boats can play catch-up cool

no-one wants to finish last even if their gear or ability places them there, you'll soon loose people if they aren't in a group as such so a fairer system needs to be 'designed' so we can all have company throughout the entire race and we can all finish within a leg of each other, not easy to do but not impossible either
smile

Back in my youth, the local club had a great handicapper and racing was always close in the points department, twice a year we had a stern chaser which 'tested' the handicap, there was even a set of scales for boat weight and crew weight and that was worked into the handicap system as part of the formula for racing.....
Our stern chasers were always damn close, I remember one in which every boat ( ~20 odd ) finished within a 2minute time frame of each other, the field was a cross section of a brand new A-class to a Hartley Traler sailor with 3 very big blokes and probably the same number of boxes of Melbourne Bitter long necks
sick

it can be done...... I just don't know how to do it !!!
confused

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740