Originally Posted by Matt_Stone
.... then the committee might do something about it, if enough interest!

if you build it they will come

Clearly there are plenty of old girls out there, and for the most part some of them are still being actively sailed at club level with a few of us that are game enough to venture off to local regattas.
8 or 9 mozzies showed up at the Easter regatta held at Lake Bolac, the 'fastest mozzie' of the group spent most of the w/end parked on the beach while the heavyweights flogged it out.....

"Shy" has shown that even a over-weight fugly-duckling can bring home the trophies and I have to admit I've had a ball sailing her to her max and pushing her harder every time I've 'fixed' her up a bit better wink so much fun for a dollar outlay that cant be beaten.

With constant numbers of Mozzies going through eBay & Gum-Tree etc, its obvious to me atleast that people either cant afford the wiz-bang carbon setup or don't want to go there because of the ongoing costs or upgrades to stay competitive at the top level, yet these old girls give a VERY affordable bang for buck sailing FUN and a lot of people know this and that's why we see them being sold whilst other classes struggle to sell.

A series for boats in a weighted division ...... where does this proud sailor of a classic mosquito sign

smirk

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740