So, has the committee got any ideas on this? If you want the heavyweight Mosquitos to pay a membership and attend State Titles then maybe needs a closer a look at..

These boats are just going to stay at their clubs, not travel, and not join the association unless something is bought to the table in my opinion.

What needs to be remembered is at the time these boats were built as close to minimum as they could at the time, given the materials available at the time. The minimum weight in the meantime has dropped, which is understandable, but in terms of being competitive these boats are hamstrung.

I realise its not all about winning, its social, its racing, its a holiday or time away for some, its a learning tool for those new to class. But, I honestly believe if your going to make the effort, then it would nice to know the opportunity would be there to be competitive within reason.

I realise a seperate division or divisions would of course be dependent on numbers, but the idea is there..

None of the above is a critism, or rant, its just an idea and its one that I think is worth looking into, or maybe theres a better idea out there somewhere?

Taipan AUS329 'Got Wood'
Mosquito 752 'Sticky Finger'
HARDWOOD RACING TEAM