My point was that you can get into a vicious cycle of sorts in these situations. The association/committee is waiting for entrants/membership and the boat owners are waiting to see what they get for said entry/membership ...

This is what we have associations for ... to take the first step and/or try again after trying before.

For what it's worth, I would suggest a +65 division (but don't call it that) that is part of the usual events. If boats are slightly under 65kg they can choose to add some weight and enter into that division. If not enough boats just sail a combined fleet. Would be fun to see if some of the 'best' +65kg boats could beat the 'under 65kg' boats around the course ... that would add some interest!

Perhaps +65kg boats could be eligible for both classes?

(If there were more '+65' boats around, perhaps us Cobras would be able to keep up!) wink

[... just in case people are wondering ... I am a member of the VIC Cobra Association and have sailed in every National and State Championships except one since I purchased my boat in 2008. I am a passionate advocate for class association membership and regatta participation.]

Currently between boats
Previously …
Cobra 570
Cobra 581
Mosquito 126
Arafura Cadet 738