I do not understand your getting upset by two short emails a month as small payment for maintaining this Forum for over almost two decades. You all have had your run of this Forum with absolutely nothing asked of you, except use it. Is that too much to ask?

And why would you label them SPAM?

The emails are informative newsletters, with general boating information some of which has been compiled from Chapman’s Book of Piloting and Seamanship and Annapolis Book of Seamanship.

The tactics and racing sections are from over 20 years of articles I have written in a column on tactics called “What If...?” This has been a very popular column with abundant material I have gleaned from over 20 years of teaching seminars with over 50 World Class Guest Experts spilling their guts out. When they spoke it went in one ear, and I plugged the other one.

To add a little spice I have also added the Best of Captain Noah Tall, which many consider a real hoot, and great spoof on advice columns.

Yes, interlaced are a few ads. This site and this Forum have no visible means of support, except for our store, which is not doing all that well. It needs to do well in order for this site and this Forum to survive. Times are tough and I have needed to reach out to Forum Members to let them know our store even EXISTS. Many don’t. I will make that MOST DON”T.

So, Please be a little understanding.

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com