Originally Posted by MN3
1. My name is not Bob. - you obviously do not know me

2. I seriously doubt I could be considered a Layman (with legal or Can-Spam matters). I grew up and worked in a family owned law firm and was a pre-law student until I decided it wasn't for me.

Okay Andrew, your decision to stop a law-study is now clear. And ofcourse I'm not mocking you for that!

I respect your family background and your drive now to chase after a legal issue which you think you have.
Still I keep saying that you make a big mistake in doing so:

In a civilized society there is law and there are events and circumstances which need regulation by the law.
Applying the law is always done by judges, special commitees, governmental offices, etc. If it was simple and easy to apply the law, there was no need for that judment level.

So you make the mistake of taking some Act for spam and, with that text in your hand, just reason that in our case Rick is doing something wrong. If you had finished your law-study you should have learned that this one-to-one reasoning is not what applying law is.
As I explained in my previous post there are obvious and resonable circumstances in Rick's case that protect him against "prosecution".

In your world there would be no lawyers!

Last edited by northsea junkie; 04/11/16 09:49 AM.

ronald
RAIDER-15 (homebuilt)

hey boy, what did you do over there, alone far out at sea?..
"huh....., that's the only place where I'm happy, sir.