"Does the user agreement include the ability to use information posted on this web for the hard-copy issue and/or other purposes? Is any of this "content" protected in some way?"
I was a bit surprised to see this, but there is no user agreement upon sign up ... only a few rules.
(I am not a lawyer, but I did stay at a holiday inn once).... this is a public site, I would GUESS that anything posted here could be re-produced and feely disseminated. That doesn't mean that a lawsuit couldn't happen, and someone could make a claim that they contributed to the publication of a (for PAY) print newsletter and were entitled to some of the money collected. Not sure that case would have any legs to stand on... but isn't the point. Legal fees would be required to defend against that type of lawsuit. That is why most sites have lengthy disclaimers that would contain verbiage to avoid sed actionable items

It is well beyond my skill set (I fell off the bus with ENIAC), but you social media gurus could possibly offer a world of help to keep this the flagship site it hopes to be.

If asked by Rick, I would be glad to give my opinion and advice