"And why would you label them SPAM?"
Spam = unsolicited email - I did not request, nor opt-in.

I wouldn't care at all if you had an opt out option that did not remove me from the forum community.

I do not understand your getting upset by two short emails a month as small payment for maintaining this Forum for over almost two decades. You all have had your run of this Forum with absolutely nothing asked of you, except use it. Is that too much to ask?"

Your statements contradict each other
a. Nothing asked in return except use it (the forum)
b. Use it and be required to accept spam 26 times a year
Furthermore, our posts are used in your commercial newsletter. I have seen my posts in your newsletter. We are (unpaid) contributors to your commercial print newsletter, so there IS something "Asked in return".

I am not upset, I am flooded with SPAM every day. About 40 every day. I wish to reduce this as much as possible.

I am telling you this Unsubscribe (with penalty) and be removed from the community is not a "best practice" and as a matter of fact it is a good way to upset and lose subscribers, and potential customers.

Bob, stop nagging about some emails. When you buy something on internet, you also get unwanted emails as a result of that.
The whole internet floates financially on advertizing.

Who's Bob?
Thanks for your input. When you buy a product you have a business relationship with that vendor. That gives the vender a business relationship and is considered a "somewhat" acceptable reason to send requested spam. The business is also required to provide a working opt-out of any future spam.