Yes I am selling my boat. No I am not immediately buying one back. I am going backpacking for a while then going to work in London. Need to progress my career to be able to buy more boats.

When I am back in Australia I will be buying a Taipan. This will most likely be a brand spanking new one. Whether or not I race it I race my Taipan as 4.9OD or F16 is all dependent on the best racing. Hence my interest in the proposed rules changes.

In relation to 3kg extra weight on the mast. I am not an engineer so I can not put up any numbers whatsoever to support my argument. The only thing I can say is why does every hi-performance yacht try and save weight aloft?

In relation to your other comments. Your views are very polarising so you have to expect that people will become upset. As Chairman I believe that you do need to be diplomatic and that people do have a right to their views. If they are making comments or criticisms it is because they have an interest in F16. They are not throttling the development and growth of the F16 class.

JC