But of all the boats mentioned, the Inter 17/F17 is definitely the best and fastest boat

Ehhh of the boats mentioned, which included :

A-cat US sailing rating = 64.8
F16 uni 1-up US sailing rating = 66.4
18 square even (Tami ) = 63.7

Then nacra F17 (former I-17R) = 66.7

Yep it is the 4th fastest of all named.

FX-one = 69.2

Having said all that ; it may be that sarah can only by the EU or australian I-17 versions which are more in the 75 rating range under US sailing portsmouth.

You can sail the Inter 17 (2) up or as it was intended unirigged. There is a jib kit available.

Actually the first I-17 was designed and launched in Australia (where it is lighter as well) and was a doublehanded sloop design from the very beginning. THAT was the orgininal I-17. It became uni-rig first in Europe as a the Inter-17, It gained weight and lost sailarea there, then a little later is got a new carbon rig as the R version (first only in USA) and it is rarely seen outside the USA.

It also has a big boy spinnaker for those weighting over something like 500lbs! or so. The F17 also has a 30'4" carbon mast which will power up the boat quiet nicely. On top of that, it is actually closing in on 18" long. All this adds up to speed..................

And BOY did it need all the speed boosting modifications it ever got ! The EU I-17 version is put in the start fleet with the Hobie and Prindle 16's/18's because it is of a comparable speed. Sure enough the I-17R (F17 now) is alot faster and comes close to what it should be. In that sense it is a good boat. Still, there is no need to claim it is the fastest option of all mentioned.

Sorry, I just had to give this a reality check. And you know this is all true. Go to US sailing rating page

http://www.ussailing.org/portsmouth/tables05/tables05mh.htm

To check up on the numbers.

For Texel ratings (Europe) go here :

http://www.watersportverbond.nl/data/D93_numdet1.pdf

I think the ISAF SCHRS rating page has already been given in this post.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands