Bob Hodges has made many excellent points about the A2 series.
As a new, imported XJ owner, I need to improve using some sail that I don't presently own. The Zuccoli sail that came with the boat (no choice!) from Italy for lots of euros a year ago was too flat. Woodie Cope who got an identical XJ agreed with me, but then he bought a nice Ullman last summer, then an excellent Glaser sail that got him 4th and 5th place this month. Matt MacDonald (VectorWorks) will have to explain what he is building and selling now, and what sails work.

Again this is development: they ain't no book!

The other older platforms include all-carbon Marstroms- beloved by those who sail them: these folks are now using Landenberg sails with Marstrom masts and don't want to even think about anything else! Tony Ahrens is building nice custom sails here, then there are the Australian sails from Ashby, Goodall etc to match the Fiberform and Composite masts and newer Flyer or older Boyer Mark IV and Auscat platforms ( I don't know much about these rigs). Jay and Pease Glaser like their older Waterats by Pete Melvin.

Dacarls:
A-class USA 196, USA 21, H18, H16
"Nothing that's any good works by itself. You got to make the damn thing work"- Thomas Edison