Doug,

A few bits of advice.

1. Time on the water is way more important than whether you have a sail made by Ullman, Glaser, Ashby, Goodall, Arends, etc. The choice of sail at this point is minor compared to getting a boat and getting out on the water.
2. At 210 lbs, yes you'll probably give some performance away in light air against a sailor of equal or better ability. However, I have seen Doug Graf who is closer to 250 lbs sail boat for boat with sailors 50-100 lbs lighter in 10 knots of wind and less. In 12 knots and above, you'll have no excuses. Doug Graf in 12 knots or more upwind is scary fast.
3. The most competitive weight range I think for the boat is 165 lbs to 185 lbs. Anything outside that range tends to compromise towards lighter air or heavier air. If you were looking for an excuse to lose 10-20 lbs, maybe this is it!
4. There may be no class in the US right now that is deeper in talent with several national/North American champions, a couple of world champions, and four Olympic medalists attending regattas around the country. That said, "check your ego in at the door" and be prepared to start a very steep learning curve. A new sailor can have the most fun in the boat because while they may not get the results they would like and their ego might get a bit bruised, they will learn an incredible amount in a short time period. They will find the A-class sailors are extremely open with information on boat setup, tuning, and sailing technique.
5. If you are concerned about the budget for an A2, keep in mind that at your weight, you are an excellent candidate for a Marstrom. I think a couple of the Marstrom sailors in the Houston area may be selling their boats in the next 3-6 months. Call Bob Webbon or Troy King.

Good Luck,

Bob Hodges