I started sailing on a hobie 16 20 years ago and havent sailed for at least 12 years. Just aquired a solcat 18 that I am rebuilding as it was in pretty rough shape and I have some questions for anyone that can help.
1)The wheels that the bungees run over that flip up the rudders are shot and I need to remove the pin that holds them in to replace them. How do I remove the pin?
2)I have ordered a new tramp from saltydog and would like to know how traps should be set up. Does the tramp need anything special installed at the factory?
3) Do I need to pull the end caps from the frame to install the new tramp? I cant get whats left of the old tramp out of the track without pulling the caps it seems. If so, do I need to drill out the rivets in the crossbeam and/or pull the mounting bolt?
4)I will be using a righting bag but have never used one before. Where is the best place to attach it, what size line,blocks,lengths, other particulars.
5)I have set my trailer with a winch set high on the mast dolly. when singlehandedly stepping the mast the side stays are slack so the mast can swing to the side. I experimented a little and ended up using the jib sheet attached to the sidestays to pull them tight and thus keep the mast centered. Is thisn right or is nthere a better way?
6) Foot straps. It seems like a great idea, but I dont want to get them in the wrong positions. Anyone have them and if so, measured positions? I read the thread but it is on a hobis 16- mine is a solcat 18.
7) The daggerboards seem like they will push right through the hulls. Just push them down flush and forget? Also, I have read the term " dolphin striker". Does this refer to the daggerboards?
8) I liked the rudder/tiller setup on the Hobie 16. Will this, or a similar setup bolt up to my solcat?

Thank you in advance for the hours of your precious time that you all will be devoting to ansewering these questons.I hope that I wont be the only one to benifit from your timely responce.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA