I think you missed the point.
Replace Hobie with Coke, Pepsi, Kleenex, Band Aid etc..

Refusing to at least recognize the success of what Hobie(or any brand above) has done regardless of how you feel about the company, product or the class association is missing an opportunity to learn things that could help you.
Success leaves clues.

Yes, I'm missing something. What are you suggesting, look for a Coleman Industries to market and back it? Is what is happening here going on in the wrong way? Should someone walk into XYZ corporation with conceptual drawings, a sales pitch and a "trust me"?

Analogy to the music industry, no big labels will spend any money in developing new talent. Why? They can let the crillions of micro labels develop them and attempt to sign proven, successful acts with no development cost to them.

Opposed to 30 years ago, it seems the same applies here. Mr. Alter had an idea and then he built it, right? And you can say the rest is history, which leads us to today. Is this "concept" earth shattering? No. Is it drawing some interest? Yes. Will it be successful, on the level of the H14/H16? Who knows.

Thank you for all the efforts ladies and gentlemen and pardon my ignorance.

John H16, H14