Do I understand this choice properly.

the USA is choosing a skiff for women over the Tornado which is open?

For chris sakes... their is NO grass roots support for skiff sailing in the USA... much less for women's skiff sailors.

Meanwhile.. the women's Hobie 16's have had great turnouts for years and years not to mention numerous regattas around the country for standard racing.

is this just sexist politics?? The usual monohull discrimination towards cats??

Skiffs are SO EXCITING that after 10 years they have managed a small foothold on the west coast. Probably a dozen events a year (as best I remember)! Wow...

Where the hell are our fearless Olympic sailing muckety mucks?
Gary Bodie ???
Dean Brenner ???

Oh .... I know... They are out looking for a midget or a kid to pair with Johnny to win the China games!!!

The proper choice would be to make the Tornado for Men, and choose a mulithull for women... (hobie 16 with spin or pick your favorite F16 builder)

This is just so tiresome... at the end of the day... the IOC should just save their money and drop the sport from the games... we would be better off in the sailing community!

My gut tells me that money and proffesional sailing is wrapped up in this fiasco..

The word Corinthian and the philosophy of competition that goes with it should return....

Our sport is best when its not professional, or depending on the "on the water judging" which is needed to catch the cheaters... (see Paige Riley debacle at the OCR)... Let the pros go join the cup teams or the around the world floating billboards...

We currently run our events as Catagory C so that If somebody got sponsorhip... they would not have to pull the junk off their sails and boats... Maybe we should go back to the way it was!

Strike a blow for tradition!

crac.sailregattas.com