OK, Since I'm a US Sailing member now and for nearly 30 years, and I used to instruct way back when, I offer to certify any cat sailor who comes to Sebring, for free! I will even give you a Certification card and everything. Now take that card to any US Sailing center and see what it gets you.

They already HAVE the boats, they HAVE the instructors, but they don't want you there, unless you are going to sign up for a week of lessons or more. But if you can find a motel with sailboats, you can be on the water in 15 minutes, with no instruction at all.

Or you can go to the Sand Point sailing center, or the Boston community sailing center, and not be a member of anything, and pay no dues to US Sailing, take a quick test to prove you know what you are doing and they will gladly rent you a boat. It's not rocket surgery. How do they expect to grow the sport when they tell people who already know how to sail, No, we don't rent by the day. The biggest road block to sailing is access. US Sailing has the access. How about they put some people out on all those boats sitting there collecting bird poop?

If a single cent of my dues money is being spent to support the many US Sailing Centers, why can't I rent their boats?

To get back on topic, shouldn't US Sailing support all forms of sailing in which it has members who pay dues? That would include board sailors as well as cat sailors.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/20/07 08:57 PM.

Blade F16