I'm not sure how they do the Olypic level Equestian events, I know it takes boat loads of money to compete in the Equestrian events though. They do use their own horses, and they have to fly them there, vet check them, board them, etc. If you think boats are expensive, try horses!

Most of the Olympic level riders are independantly wealthy or from a family of great wealth, and most are in their mid 30's-50's, as it takes a lifetime to aquire the skill (and money and horse) to compete at that level. In that regard it is a lot like sailboat racing, except the boat isn't going to kick you in the head and kill you...

I don't know how they pick which of the many different Equestrian events they are going to use in the Olympics. I think they do Dressage, Stadium jumping and open course jumping, but I'm not sure.

My kids are nowhere near that level and on my limited income, they never will be! But they do like to watch it on TV. I've told them if they want to ride in the Olympics, they really need to mary well.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/22/07 04:25 PM.

Blade F16