"Rhody" Thank you for taking the time and effort to represent us at the US SAILING meeting. I agree with your comments on this post. As a past Olympic Medalist, you have first hand knowledge of what it takes to train and compete in the Olympics.

As to what US SAILING can do for us, it is really up to us to volunteer and take part. The US SAILING Multihull Council and Committee meetings are open to all sailors. Come to the meetings, speak up, and be part of the process. When US SAILING dropped the "Fast and Fun" program, we were very disapointed, but were able to build our own program locally to carry on this free outreach sailing program. The US Youth Multihull Championship is a good example of what US SAILING is doing for youth development. This year, the openings were filled long before the event. In past years if was difficult to find Youth to enter. Three of the twenty teams are in the final training at Sail Sand Point, in Seattle.

"Timbo" next time you have a layover in Seattle, give me a call, or send me a PM. At Sail Sand Point, we are not a "boat rental" but have many volunteers that keep our cats in the Access/Storage area that would be glad to get you out on Lake Washington.

Caleb Tarleton