That's a good point Mary. I wonder how many of us cat racers are even members of US Sailing? I have been a memeber since about 1979 but I would bet that most cat racers are NOT US Sailing members where as just about ALL mono racers ARE memebers (I was racing dinghys when I first became a member, because the yacht clubs will nearly require you to be a memeber, most of their dinghy sailors are). So, I would suspect that we don't have a whole lot of political pull at the board level of US Sailing. They obviously want to funnel all their limited funds into clases where they think they have the best chances of getting a medal. I can't blame them for that. Maybe if our US Sailing organization was funded by our government like so many other countries are, we would be doing much better at the Olympics in terms of medal production. The funny thing is, I think our Olympic Cat sailors did better than most of our mono sailors at the last Olympics!

I have no fear that France and the rest of Europe will trump the US and keep the Tornado in the Olympics, they live for fast cats!

Blade F16