First of all, the workmanship by Vectorworks was outstanding. Matt and his team paid close attention to detail and it shows.

The boat/design sails very well. Over the course of the event we sailed the boat in everything from slight chop to 3 foot waves and wind speeds ranging from less than 5 knots to 20+ knots. The boat handled well in all conditions, but it's short waterline length handicapped it in the 20+ winds and bigger wave conditions. On the plus side, it sailed exceptionally well in 15 knots and flat water. It went upwind like it was on rails. Upwind, it responded very well to depowering in the 20+ days by dropping the traveller about 6 inches, raising the boards 4 inches, maxing out the downhaul, rotating the mast in a little more, and easing the jib traveller out to the max. Downwind was another story, we alternated between overtrimming the spin, or easing it off completely, neither method seemed to make any difference on the tendancy of stuffing the bows. They only defense seemed to sail the boat as hot as possible and keep the apparent wind forward. When we tried to sail low and slow, we were constantly fighting the bows from stuffing. I couldn't slide far enough back, I kept running out of boat...

Overall, I think that the boat doesn't fit my particular style of sailing (offshore and big air), but it is a great platform for it's design parameters. I think that anyone who purchases one for the purpose of around the bouy / lake sailing will be extremely happy with their choice. That being said, I think that the current portsmouth number will be falling rapidly, the boat contains a lot more speed potential than the current portsmouth number reflects.

All in all, I enjoyed sailing the boat, and it was fun competing against the numerous male/female and youth teams that probably would not have been as competitive if the event had been held on a larger platform.