Source : http://www.adventureonline.tv/phpBB2/vie...sc&start=15

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:08 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stank, two words 4u. "The General"

Tad, it's a fun boat. I especially liked sailing it contra o vento. Matt's done a great job with the boat. I was impressed. I also enjoyed working the main! It has plenty of power, and is a joy to sail.

No matter what JW says, he did an excellent job on the boat, rock solid. I fed off of his positive attitude, and he was a focused dervish on adjustments and housekeeping. He gave me excellent info that I could trust and base our tactics on, which allowed me to focus on making the boat perform. It truly was a team effort.

I can't count how many times upwind he said,
"you can go anytime..............anytime boss........I think we're there.........um......" A minute later we'd be yelling, "weeeeeeeeeee....." coming into A mark.

Good times
F

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return questions by Terry Back :

JC,

JW also mentioned that you tended to overstand each layline ... can you provide insight if this was a strategy for you.

Answer back by John Casey

Sure Terry,

It was nice to see you there helping out. That is what it is all about. Thanks for being there.

I didn't always overstand, and sometimes tacked inside of other boats, but when we were controlling the fleet we didn't take any chances to short tack it. If I didn't feel any pressure from the boats behind us I overstood. On that particular boat, footing felt so good, although it would sail in a good range upwind. It was just plain fun to overstand and come screaming into A. It also gives you a good angle coming around the mark for a smoother transition, and with not much bow that was important.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now we also have the report by both people on the winning team. John Casey and John Williams.

This probably completes the reporting on the Alter Cup 2007 and the boat used in that event, the Blade F16.

It is time to let this discussion die and focus on the path towards the Alter Cup 2008 and the boat used then, AHPC Capricorn F18.

Best of luck to all the aspiring teams for 2008

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands