Doug,
When sailing one up you fly both the main and spinnaker.
It is a real fun boat two up and a real adrenaline trip,
if you want to sail it on the edge, one up with the kite flying. Just the best fun you can have.....

Anyone sailing with a youngster should consider teaching them to steer the boat.
That way they are fully involved and fully committed to making the thing go.(and they get just as upset if the crew fouls up and cost them time).

The most enjoyable sailing that I have done was when my youngest son steered. Started him steering at around 8.
He would rib me for weeks if I stuffed up and it cost him in a race. Really good fun type of light hearted banter.

With the self tacking jib you can work the mainsail upwind and the spinnaker down.

Like Gary said with double ratchets you can also put them up front or swap around during the course of the race or outing.

It is quite versatile, you're not stuck in one mode of operation. You can change for conditions or just your mood and still enjoy yourself.
If you haven't done so already you should take one for a sail so you can check what I'm saying out for yourself.

Regards,
Phill

I know that the voices in my head aint real,
but they have some pretty good ideas.
There is no such thing as a quick fix and I've never had free lunch!