John, that mast rotation causing the jib on spreader thing is something I was wondering about as well. Obviously you can do it wrong and have trouble, so like the broken mast, was it more operator error causing the jib to hit the spreaders or were the crews not rotating the mast correctly? Since you guys had no problems I would think the ones who did have problems didn't do it right.

Can you tell us what caused the mast to fail? When did that happen? Was the boat upright and racing or was it on it's side with the mast stuck in the sand?

Jake, no disrespect, as I am not aware of what goes into getting all the masts set the same, I know it is a huge job.

JW, I would much rather volunteer to help than take my 4 kids to yet another horse show, but that's where I was on Both weekends. You have only one kid, I never did, I started with twins, and then she wanted 2 more! So although I would love to volunteer more, and sail more, as you know, wife and kids seem to prevent that most of the time. I was lucky to get that one day to watch!

Blade F16