I am merely pointing out that "Mediatis-Region Aquitane" is a very succesful boat, contrary to what you seem to be trying to indicate in your post.

Now you are putting up a characture of my post that you can then knock down.

I never wrote that "Mediatis-Region Aquitane" was a failure. I wrote that it wasn't a winner and it is exactly that. In direct comparison with other design in its class, the forced mode displacement trimarans of the ORMA 60 rule it failed to show a clear advantage. And it is currently second in its 24 hour speed record (in all categories) to such a forced mode displacement tri.

I refer to this example as to show that by simply going to a planing design one must not expect to automatically have superior speed. There are many counter examples that argue against such a oversimplification. This includes "Mediatis-Region Aquitane".

Sory mate, you have to read more carefully.

As do we as your argument totally dependent on the fact that no other (singlehanded) true racing catamaran has been build in the 50-100ft length range. By being the only one in this length range it is indeed the fastest of IS KIND. Big deal. Of course you top the range off at 100 ft or else you have to included craft like Orange 2. That is the smoke and mirrors part my friend. Afterall we all know that the Hobie 16 is the fastest boardsless, spinnakerless and strict One Design beachcat between 16 and 16.5 foot length.

So what are trying to do here ? Taking a piss at my personally and confusing everybody else.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 04/23/08 12:52 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands