Besides, the last placed crew in the final F18 worlds listing can also claim to have "taken on the world’s best". I'm officially registered as a 1st place winner in a major event (650 boats). If you really want to compare penis size then all I have to say is that I didn't just take on the world’s best but actually came out on top as well. Come back when you achieve parity with that.

Very true. I am more mid fleet (International) than a world beater, but have beaten World Champions in races as well as regattas. As I said, I will prove my worth against a quality fleet rather then hide in fleets that flatter sailors.

Personally I find this pissing absolutely ridiculous. Again, personal results achieved on the race course say diddly about the validity of the engineering comments made by the same person.

My Girlfriend is an Engineer and helms my Capricorn now...... Don’t make me drag her in here and bitch slap you down buddy.

Engineers are only as good as the models they create. Engineers are also at times WRONG...... Which is something you never will admit to yourself.

So I say, come back with some actual measurements of spi pole tip flexing using the normal setup and prove that that is significant to sailboat performance before mouthing me off.

I claim two things :

-1- That the absolute flexing of the tip is not at all that much, given normal dimensions and stiffness of hulls and support wires.
-2- That the relative flexing of the tip under varying spinnaker luff loads when properly sheeted is too little to matter much in performance. Meaning the amount of flexing while sailing is to small to matter.

Note that -1- and -2- are two different things !

You came here and slagged off a mate of mine resulting in me coming in to bitch slap you. He made a claim based on personal experience by himself and many others including rock star sailors.

You came here and accused him off speaking “utter nonsense”

How about you go out and do the test, record the results and publish them with someone verifying the accuracy of them before calling BS on someone. You call yourself an engineer but have nothing to back up your claims on this except for “because I said”

I am sick of you coming here and kicking down peoples valid opinions stating they are wrong and you are right because you are an Engineer and others are not.

Not winning many friends here mate.

Pull your head in or this will continue.