Question slightly off thread but has a reasoning, how many professional sailing teams ( including out of work or in between contracts ) were there at Texel and how many of the top places were taken by the hired jockies.

The nacra F17 crew at Texel who did well are "hired jocks"; sailmakers who work in Europe during the summer months (Performance sails = owner Nacra) and in Aus during the winter months.

All F16 crews at Texel this year were unpaid (private) sailors and none of them were agents either. However, I seem to remember that Jeroen Brouwer used to crew quite succesfully for Remco Kenbeek on the F18, so he can be put down as a skilled sailor nonetheless. Remco, however, is no longer an agent for AHPC product and hasn't been for a year now. Yet I must admit that the situation with the Viper-F16 and Jeroen Brouwer is not totally clear to me. I never learned if he owns one and I really don't see the current agent for the Viper hiring him either.

But without further info I think both crews should be assumed to be of about equal sailing skills.

That is what I know from my side.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 06/13/08 06:21 AM.