Thanks Pepin,

That story sounds about right. I saw the jib get changed before it left for the event. But you'll have to take my word for it.

Think about it. They knew about the measuement before the event. Would it seriously be in their interest to leave the boat as it was in February.

Like i said before it sounds like those kids were bullied out of their result by older, wiser and more experienced crews. Not the first time something like that has happened.

I cant understand how you could throw out a team for measurement issues without actually measuring the boat? Ridiculous!! As specially at the end of the regatta.

Sue

[color:"red"] [This post is with my "cair of the SCHRS management group hat on"] [/color]

Sue or who ever you are

Protest of this sort usually go thus in other classes I've sailed:

1, Protest lodged and other party is informed that there is a protest based on the compliance of their boat with the class rules and or measurement certificate
2, Protest is then chcked to see if it is valid
3, Protest is then conducted.
4, Result of protest declared.

There was no bullying, a protest was lodged, it was conducted, they could not produce a valid certificate and they were DSQ'd.

If they had been present with a certificate, and the protest had been that the jib they were sailing with was not the jib detailed on the certificate, then the sail would need to be measured (by an ISAF measurer) to find out if it did measure to the dimentions on the certificate. In this case, I would expect that the current certificate, plus the results of the re-measurement would then be presented to a member of the SCHRS management group (details on the www.SCHRS.com website).

They would then take these data points, enter them into the SCHRS rating engine and produce an OFFICIAL certificate. This certificate would then be emailed / printed and given to the owner, or representative of the boat and this certificate would also be kept as part of the underlying documentation that backs up all new ratings that are on the SCHRS webiste. This certificate would indicate of the rating was within the 1.035 and 1.045 SCHRS rating required by F104.

I have yet to be provided with any valid data for me to calculate a rating for this boat.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here