I hate to break bad news again but I am really getting frustrated by how Performance Catamarans is coming up with their pricing. While all this pricing is in regard to the Nacra 20 there must be parts that are affecting F17s, F18s, and etc. It's not just the 200% increase in the masts.. it's all across the product line.
I have 3 instances in which I went to make large purchases at one point in the year, held off on the purchase, went back to make the purchase at a later date to find out the price had jumped by several hundred dollars.
In all circumstances I contacted 2-3 dealers to confirm this pricing. Each quoted me a price and then contacted me later to let me know that a new pricelist had just come out to make the item even more.

-New jib) I purchased a new jib in May for approximately $570. It has now jumped up to over $800.

-New spinnaker) I was quoted $1,050 in May. I ended up purchasing it in August when the price ended up being close to $1,500.

-Self tacker) I am in the process of purchasing a new self tacker. I have been told numerous prices. One price was $399 with the line kit at $118. The next day I was contacted and told the new pricelist said $530 with the line kit at $420.
This is completely ridiculous! Working in the industry, I could piece together this line kit for $100-$150 and sell it for $200-$250. $420 is completely unjustified unless it is gold plated blocks!

-New mast) I'm not purchasing one, but you all know about the recent price of around $11,000 when it was $5,600 in May.

I work for a sailboat dealer which is owned by and adjacent to the manufacturer. We and all of our dealers get price increases at the beginning of the year and that's it. 4-5 times over the course of several months is ludicrous. And it’s not like they are sending them lists with the outlines changed! They are sending them many pages of pricing and the dealer is on their own to figure out what has changed. There is no way Performance should expect their dealers to be able to function with this happening. It is unfair to the dealers and the customers.

I am in no way blaming the dealers. They are just trying to make a living. Apparently the dealers have been complaining to Performance with no results.

I am blaming Performance Catamarans for this. If anyone out there can justify any of these price increases please explain to me on this forum or private message me.

If we want any change or the prices to stop inflating we need to do something about this!

That being said, I don’t believe going our own route and leaving the factory out of class decisions is the correct path as without factory support the class would suffer tremendously.

Does anyone else have experience with a pricing fiasco? Please share and maybe we can bring it to the attention of Performance Catamarans.

-Todd Riccardi