Mike,

I not telling you that you are wasting your time getting a class formed and viable. I think its vital if you want the boat to have any future. I constantly agitate that sailors need to step up to all of their responsiblities for their Club, Class and USSA responsibilites.

But apathy is the historical problem....

I wish you well.

However... your call to arms to form a class is in the thread called.. Performance pricing ... out of control.
Many will think that forming a new class association will address this problem and are now interested in the notion of a US N20 class. History says that you should be cautious in seperating from the factory. The Nacra 6.0 guys tried to go their own way to keep the racing class viable and events killed them off. Unless you think the factory is trying to kill the class by gouging you with the mast issue. What is there to discuss? ... they don't make the mast... they buy it from the supplier and have to stock a certain number.

Now if the class would ask them to do the R and D to develop a new rig for the N20 ... THAT is big request.

How you get the healthy balance between a class organization and the builder/dealers is not clear to me.

crac.sailregattas.com