So I got over my initial discontent after hearing the prices of the self tacker and gave Jack Young a call. I told him about this thread and that I did not start it to attack P.C. but to hopefully give them constructive criticism.
The main point I expressed to him is that they need to get these prices under control and keep everyone in the loop as to why these prices are where they are.
He told me that times are tough with gas prices and that they are not selling as many units as the old days (especially when it comes to the 20 class). But at the same time he agreed the prices were high and told me that many prices are out of whack and will hopefully be corrected out soon.
We discussed the mast issue some but in order not to spread any rumors, all I want to say is that he said they are actually working on it and want the mast to be cheaper just as much as we do. He said he does not post here because of all the false rumors that get started. I told him he needs to address the classes and keep them informed on what is going on.

Tad, when did you buy your sails? I bought my jib in May and spinnaker in August at NA's. I was quoted similar prices by 3 dealers.

Can we not turn this into a dead boat discussion? That will kill any sort of productivity.

The 20 is not a F20 it is a Nacra 20, a one design class with one design sails. Jack and others have told me their concern with making it a 20 is the class cannot survive an arms race. The same happened with the P19 and N6.0. There's not the healthy competition like the F18 between manufacturers. There are also no sailmakers who have developed sails for the 20 that would be competitive so we would end up paying more in development.