Real proof would follow this kind of standard

I see it as a headache for the participant to contact their agent, make sure they get the copy forwarded to the OA, the OA needing to check each and create a long-range filing system

Glenn McCarthy

If you canceled the insurance after your company sends it to the OA.... the company is required to notify the OA. This is the level of proof that you would need as an OA.

Anything less then that is basically a silly attempt to find out if you are honest and a man of your word. The general technique is a visual inspection of a piece of paper you say is accurate, up to date and paid for that you get from your company or create on your own. I prefer to be taken at my word with my signature.

Mind you... Since liability insurance covers YOU and your financial loss its hard to see why you would want to misrepresent it. Its crazy to think that the other people are safer out on the reac course. There is no promise that your liability insurance will pay the other guy if they don't agree you were guilty of something.... they make that call, courts resolve the difference of opinion.

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 01/21/09 04:31 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com