Couple of thoughts:

1) Measuring sails is a PITA, but it needs to be done to ensure fairness, if the sails are factory or not. If the class starts doing this before major events (Tybee, Nationals, Tradewinds, Spring Fever), we will seriously up the quality control from EP.

2) Opening up sail development won't work-there aren't enough sailors to warrant an additional manufacturer imo. I do think we should be able to use Performance Sails, if they measure in per 1. If the class starts growing (i.e, doubles in size), this may be a viable option.

3) Current Performance Sails, my understanding, don't fit our carbon rigs, i.e, they were built for the aluminum mast.

4) Parts: My personal opinion is open parts has no real negative effect. Enforce stock rudders, dagger boards, mast and sails, and open everything else up. This will have a positive effect in reducing the cost of parts, making it cheaper to go sailing, and Nacra has to keep quality up to keep us customers.

My biggest point is we should measure sails, even if they are supposedly all one design. In order to keep the N20 alive, we need to get new sails asap. The dates I listed are only no later than dates-EP can update the entire sailplane tomorrow, but that could exile many sailor who can't afford a new suite tomorrow. The other options available to current N20 owners are the following:

1) Buy a F18
2) Buy a F20

Who is seriously considering either of those options? The N20 with new sailplane should be faster than any F18 on any point of sail, and the F20 costs $30k and doesn't have an existing class. The only reason to go F18 is for the larger class, but if you want to distance race, the N20 is the real option (unless you are rich).

Scorpion F18