I still feel that you're doubling-down on a tenuous premise. F18s are doing better against N20s around the cans for two reasons, IMO; In order - firstly, the F18s are working harder. More teams are getting coaching and coordinating event attendance, tuning tips, and practice. This is very stark in SoCal. A very distant second, the F18 sails are moving forward in design. There have been three new sail developments on my boat since 2006. That isn't pell-mell at all - it is a pretty measured pace.

Bottom line, I think that the F18 number will drop a little whenever the Portsmouth Committee is reconstituted, and the N20 number will stay static. But I think there is too much emphasis here on performance between the two classes and the N20 sails when deciding priorities for the future of the class. There is a tremendous distance between wanting some modernization for the health of the class and wanting to beat a completely different boat across the line. And which F18 are you going to chase? They each have their quirks, strong points and weaknesses...

I'm sure Trey is muttering about "skin in the game" again... honestly, I continue to want to see all cat classes thrive and I would never speak up unless I thought it were important to reconsider the line of reasoning.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.