Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by samc99us
So, if we start 2 sail testing spinnakers in the local fleet you aren't going to be a happy camper? I'm not saying 6 different spin cuts, I'm saying two boats that have different spins from the stock. Then by Q1 2011 one of these designs (or slightly modified) becomes the new spinnaker.

I think the cart is ahead and around the corner from the horse here and I suggest we get some sailmaker input (Elliot / Vink) about the direction of the sail improvement before we start laying down any specific plans. There have been volumes of sail development that has taken place on very similar platforms that we can draw from and gain an immediate and gratifying improvement - including the sails Nacra Europe developed for this same boat. There have been several sail changes ON this platform in the past...some of which we probably aren't even aware of. Why exactly do we need to do boat on boat testing? What is the point in spending the time, energy, and money in extracting an extra .01% of potential when the ultimate goal is to race each other with identical sail plans?

What you said Jake. It's been done already. We just have to all agree on what rules exist on how to get there.

Philip
USA #1006