Eric has some excellent posts, especially number 208480 on Page 9 (too long to quote)…

I also agree that putting spin boats on their own course, with their own rules still won’t solve everything, there will always be boats coming upwind (even in the same class). For boats of vastly different performance (i.e. Waves vs. I20s), it helps, but most clubs don’t have the resources to pull this off, especially for the turnout we’ve been getting over the past few years.

As for getting more races in, that’s a completely different race management topic, and there are all sorts of ways to make that happen, even on a shared course. Most effective is a separate finish line.

Guys, we’re talking about at most, 20-30 spinnaker boats on a course at one time. What do you think it’s like (some of you know) at a 100+ spinnaker boat event (EU). I don’t hear them complaining, so it must be manageable under the current rules?

Jake, do you have something against Hummer H3s? They have 10” windows (I once sailed with a girl who had one, she said it was like driving a coffin)…

Melges 24s “screaming” downwind (or on any other point of sail)… now THAT’S funny! And yes, I’ve been there, the only scary thing is the mass they carry if they collide at those “high” speeds…

Mike