Mixed cat sailing in the olympics has just lost me, i no longer care to follow mixed cats and have no interest in a olympic event where the female is the skipper and gets all the recognotion in the elite of the sport, its not about being chauvonistic either..The ISAF have just completely got it wrong again, multihull sailing is not ready for a mixed event as a first re-entry, this will do more harm than good, it will only achieve moderate interest and moderate tv viewers, it will take a decade to revert back to open where the multis have by far the strongest numbers support and interest, how dare the ISAF or any one else posting on this forum even think this is not the case..If the ISAF want to increase viewer numbers and not loose another sailing event then they have chosen the wrong path yet again! There just arent enough mixed teams out there for a reason..They are in a huge minority verses all male teams, high performance cat sailing is an extreme on the edge sport which is far more sutiable/desirable to male than female, i feel mixed olympic cat teams will only elite the AC sailers to represent the pinnacle of cat sailers in the leed up boats from AClass to C20`s to AC45`s and to the AC72`s, this mixed cat teams in the olympics will lower the status of olympic sailers compared to the sailers training and competing to climb the AC ladder, no longer will the olympic mixed sailers qualify to be the pinnacle of the sport, when the pinnacle will be the AC multihull sailers working their way to the top of the event.