As Macca has pointed out, with mixed crew sailing, males will generally move to the front of the boat regardless of boat selected. The more I think about it, the more I believe the Tornado is still the boat for the Games.

The class has a strong committee behind it that understands what is required to be an Olympic class. (BS Politics removed it from the Games, not the boat itself)

It is geographically wide spread, more so than other suggested classes with the exception of the H16.

The rules have developed to reduce exploitation at an Olympic level. The code zero came about because ISAF f@#Ked with their class rules for the games throwing out the minimum wind limit for racing in China. Not something the class has had to worry about in the past. Mast issues were addressed with the introduction of the carbon mast, initially built by Marstom but was to be opened up to other manufactures after 4 years so Marstrom could recoupe the development costs it injected.

Non OD sails did drive sail development which may have been a little expensive; however it also increased the ideal crew weight range on the T. The development in cuts also filtered down to other classes as with operating systems i.e. the snuffer and retrieval systems.

Multi manufacture OD rules help produce a better product for less $$$$. Marstrom dominated hull production in the later years, however we were starting to see quality hulls being produced from people like Graham Eeles and Windrush just before the T was pulled from the Games. This competition in manufacturing may have shook the platform prices up a bit.

The big T is a visually spectacular boat to watch. It is HP and whilst it may not be the fastest shape, no other boat cuts a bow wave like the T in full flight.